Thank you for your interest in this role. We are delighted that you are considering applying to join us. The Council, with the community and its partners, is working to make Lewisham the best place in London to live, work and learn.
Our priorities are to make Lewisham a place where people:
- are inspired and supported to fulfil their potential
- can be actively involved in their local area and contribute to supportive communities
- live in high-quality housing and can care for and enjoy their environment
- can actively participate in maintaining and improving their health and well-being
- are part of vibrant localities and town centres well connected to London and beyond
- feel safe and are able to live free from crime, antisocial behaviour and abuse.
Lewisham today is a successful and cosmopolitan part of London occupied by energetic, creative and diverse local communities. People here benefit from attractive residential neighbourhoods, great local schools and a huge number of parks and green spaces.
It is also a place that is changing. We have exciting developments taking place inour town centres and neighbourhoods, bringing new housing, new schools and new leisure facilities.
We have excellent transport connections to the rest of London and the wider region, with Canary Wharf, the City, London City Airport and the new international rail terminal at Stratford all within easy reach of the borough. The London Overground is now connecting more of Lewisham with central London and the rail and tube network.
Lewisham Council is a high performing organisation. With ever decreasing resources the Council is doing everything it can to protect the things people value most, making sure the services we provide are the best they can be and working every penny of taxpayers' money as hard as we can.
Lewisham's directly-elected Mayor, Sir Steve Bullock, is a well-respected and hugely experienced public servant who works closely with local public and private partners to provide leadership to the whole community.